Thursday, January 21, 2010

What would I buy?

I've been thinking about this as in:

'What would I buy if I could buy something new right now?'

I'm thinking one of those tiny 'netbook' laptops. My laptop is so heavy I never end up taking it anywhere, so I'd like one of those. (My twin sister just got a shiny candy apple red one - that I can admit to being very jealous of - to work on the 4th draft of her novel! I'm very proud of her.)
The netbooks are so new, I probably can't get one used. But I guess I could check out Craig's list etc.

Actually, I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.
All the things I want to buy are 'allowed' according to the rules of my plan (massages, eyebrow threading, cheese), OR I can get them second-hand (a winter coat).

That's a relief, but it is only January 21st. I bet I'll have a longer list that will pop very readily to mind if you ask me that question a few months from now.

In the meantime, it's going okay.

P.S.: Did I tell you about how my Mom was embarrassed to be seen with me and my 'granny cart' for grocery shopping? But how else is a non-driving city girl with a blown out neck supposed to avoid taking too many cabs? Mom would rather be shot from a cannon than get spotted walking around with mine. I guess I'm either way more urban, or else a much bigger loser than she is!

P.P.S. Check out the Happiness Project, which has themes linked to some of the stuff I've talked about. I really enjoyed reading a couple of the free chapters from her book online. http://www.happiness-project.com/

No comments: