Saturday, February 13, 2010

Finishing Things

Apparently finishing things, (aka tackling a nagging task, aka not leaving things undone) is a secret to happiness (see Gretchin Rubin or Brooks Palmer).



So last night after about 5 months of chipping away at it, I finished my knitted pillow!! And my lovely friend and neighbour generously stitch-ripped, cut and pinned my ugly-old-jeans-into-cute-new-skirt.  (That's a picture of Saint Julie holding up her labours of kindness to me.  My wife will be so happy I can no longer wear these as jeans.)  The second picture is me showing off my sewn pillow from a few months ago, and my long awaited knit pillow from last night.  Along with a couple of other crafty girls, we ate, drank, chatted and bonded with the olympics in the background.  It was a sweet experience of a night, and I am SOOOO happy to be done that blasted pillow I've been dragging around so long. 

Tonight, I'm visiting my most junior cousin, who is still literally a tiny baby, and my most junior sister, who is now a ripe, old 26.  Tomorrow, I'm looking forward to busting out my homemade Valentines.  I'll let you know how it goes.

xo Tara

No comments: