Sunday, February 7, 2010

stop being precious

Today was kind of funny.  I had my sister stop by the restaurant where I left my favourite scarf-shawl thing (I was so excited to find after losing) and pick it up for me.  She was coming to meet me to help keep me company while I cleared the clutter from my desk at work in the afternoon.  When she arrived, she was a little bit huffy as she reminded me that my stuff was so precious, but 'Ahem, do you remember, Tara, the several things of mine you've lost and not gone back for?'

I do.  I think a conservative estimate would have me weighing in at least 4 hoodies and/or cardigans in her debt.  Thank goodness I'm such a good sister.  But, it's true, now that I cannot replace my things as easily, I've stopped being as cavalier about how I'll replace them.  But, I am also working not to cling to 'things' per say as a way to be happy etc.  Ah, it's all so complicated.  But in a nice way.

Two lovely things happened today.  A friend who does comedy, acts, and writes and is working in Halifax texted me to say that she saw a comic in the Globe today that reminded her of me, but left it to me to figure out which one.  I'll try to include it in this text (wish me technological godspeed).  Also, I got to sing in Rockband tonight at my buddy's birthday, and although I cannot carry a tune, in Rockband, I was able to rock the house to the tune of 100%.  Once.

6 comments:

No New is Good News said...

don't know how to minimize the white space on scanning this tiny cartoon! my wife is in bed and I usually turn to her for this kind of thing. please forgive my stylistic errors, but I really wanted to add Coco's cartoon find!

Cindy said...

So now that I have joined you in "no new" does this mean I will be able to sing like a rock star too? I hope so. It seems only fair!

No New is Good News said...

mos def

Tena Laing said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tena Laing said...

I feel better having my abandoned hoodies and sweaters acknowledged so publicly. You forgot mention my expensive theatre tickets that you you accidentally threw out in a clutter clearing frenzy back when we shared a house. Is that because they weren't really 'stuff'? Just askin'? And, yes, for the record, you are an excellent sister, so much can be forgiven. Love the comic!

No New is Good News said...

dude, I replaced half the value of those, so you can now no longer truly call them 'expensive theatre tickets'. They are bargain tickets at best.