Wednesday, February 3, 2010

TCB

'The initials TCB stand for 'Taking Care of Business', which is what Elvis Presley called his band. He incorporated the letters into an emblem flanked by lightning bolts. This emblem was used in several pieces of Elvis' custom jewelry including his famous TCB ring and necklace.'
      I took that quote from a quickie google search www.memphis.about.com

I've always liked using the TCB motto to describe what I'm doing when I am taking care of my own business.  The past couple of weeks have been fairly full of this type of activity.  On the one hand, it's the kind of thing that would have bored me silly a few years ago, but right here, right now, I'm actually getting excited about me and my wife Taking Care of Business.

The 'No New Stuff' policy is helping me to not be distracted by shopping as we focus on important TCB items such as: paying off our visa in FULL, paying off our new washer/dryer in full, maximizing our RRSPs, and doing our taxes, etc. 

I also think that linking all this stuff to a vision of Elvis in his heyday makes it all just a tad sexier.

xo Tara




4 comments:

Cindy said...

The King would be proud.

No New is Good News said...

He would be proud of you too, Cindy.

Cindy said...

Hey whatever happened to your Elvis bust?

No New is Good News said...

hmmm, I had to let him go. he did not move to Kingston with me. Please don't ever speak of this again. I cannot bear the pain.