Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Used Mitts, Anyone?

Hi there,

So finally, after 47 days, an ethical dilemma I can sink my teeth into with this 'No New is Good News' thing!  I just heard that in Vancouver they are falling all over themselves trying to get their hands on the red Official Olympic mitts from the Bay and/or Zellers.  They've sold out.  Here in Ontario they are easy to come by.  (Not that I'd know, I haven't darkened the door of a department store since Dec. 31st).  This is the small minded crux of the matter.  I really, really want a pair so that I can walk around Vancouver and have everyone envy them.  This is pretty much literally my first real challenge.  I want those mitts!! 

Does anyone have a used pair I can buy?  I'll pay full price.  My stepmother just emailed me money to get some, but I just can't buy them new.  She felt that if she paid it was okay, but I don't think so.  So, please, if you see any in the lost and found, or want to part with your own, or steal some, let me know.  I just can't be going into the Bay and buying new stuff.  But hot damn, do I ever want to.

On the bright side, I'm going to the Olympics!!! (Friday Feb. 26-Monday Mar. 1).  Not to compete, mind you.

xo
Tara

2 comments:

Tena Laing said...

And I'm going with you! Can't wait. Let's see how the mitt quest goes. Maybe I'll have to knit you a pair, if no one delivers! xo

No New is Good News said...

You better git knittin', maid!