Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentine's Day Sans Shopping

Any neat ideas out there for an uncommercial Valentine's Day?

I have handmade my wife's Valentine, but just looking to see if anyone else has gotten creative.

It's Payday! tomorrow.  To be honest, Payday! has lost some of it's thrill now that it simply goes towards food, bills, savings and paying off debt.

I'm being a bit cheeky here because there is the burgeoning of a mild frisson I get just noticing that I still have money left from last Payday!, a scenario way harder to engineer when on Payday!s of yore, I happened upon a Winner's at a moment of weakness.  (Then had to scramble to have money in the bank for the next day's mortgage payment).

So, Payday!s lost lustre is probably a small price to pay for some peace of mind as we continue to TCB (take care of business).

Night y'all
xo Tara

ps: I stole 'Payday!' with punctuation from Tena.  Thanks!

4 comments:

Tena Laing said...

Thanks for the footnote!

Tena Laing said...

Here's something I might attempt to tackle, but still nervous about following any formal pattern! Still, what could be more romantic than an anatomical heart?! www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter08/PATTheart.php

No New is Good News said...

I like it, but with 3 days and minus the skills, I'm thinking it might work for NEXT year's V-Day??

Tena Laing said...

That's what I thought LAST year, so I am kind of thinking it's time to move forward with it. thanks for your pattern tips!