Sunday, March 28, 2010

Domestic Felicity Threatened by No Spend Week

Last night my wife and I had some tense moments when I told her I couldn't make an exception to pick up milk on the way home.  I tried to explain where I was coming from:  'I'm not buying anything for a full week.  If I make an exception, then I haven't succeeded'.  Also, I had texted her to pick up milk, which I thought was sufficient.  She tried to explain where she was coming from:  'This is all news to me.'

So, I guess my advice would be - when planning a 'No Spend Week' - be clearer during the preparatory phase about the specifics with the person with whom you share a milk supply.  It will make both your lives easier. 

Not to worry, she and I are back on the same page after a long chat.  Also I traded a lemon and three Cookies & Cream flavoured drinking straws for a cup of milk from a friend in our building, and later bartered one of my stash of tallboys for a liter of milk from my sister. 

We do still have 4 days of No Spend Week left, so if you have milk you want to trade for something I've got in my kitchen, please make me an offer.

xo Tara


No comments: