Monday, March 8, 2010

Happy International Women's Day

Hi there,

I'm off sick today, and enjoying a little down time at home. In case anyone is counting, I've had 67 days of not buying anything new. Off the top of my head some things that have been tempting are: a new travel mug (I stupidly left mine in a grocery cart), a new pillow (mine is so lumpy and hateful), a pot (that is bigger than my tiny one and smaller than my giant cauldron), and a new Drowsy Chaperone mug (I broke my wife's).

It does feel a little strange that I can't buy a new book, or pen, or cup, or newspaper, or or or. But, I like that I'm doing it despite it occasionally being a pain in the butt.

I'm off to finish up my dinner. I'm working my way through a cookbook of healthy recipes to try and eat better. Today's is Nicoise Salad.

xo Tara

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oops. I think I got timed out or something. Did you receive my post? I wasn't quite finished. Ellie

No New is Good News said...

Hi Ellie, I just got the short post above saying: 'oops. I think I got time out or something. Did you receive my post? I wasn't quite finished.'

But hey! thanks so much for checking out my blog! You'll have to let me know what you think of it.

cheers
Tara