Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Just the Needs, Thanks

Today I'll be brief, as I'm swamped making my lists for an International Women's Day event I help organize for 200+ homeless women, women who use shelters, and supportive housing, etc.  It's on Friday, so as the volunteer coordinator, right about now is when I start tearing my hair out.  But, it always ends up being a very positive day, albeit exhausting.

An observation about needs...  I had to spend a couple of hours at the mall for my job yesterday, helping someone who is incredibly uncomfortable there.  I noticed that it is way easier to stick to only buying 'needs' (versus wants) if I don't spend two hours slowly strolling back and forth at the Eaton Centre, for example.  I didn't actually buy anything.  But I started to feel a craving and an unwholesome interest in the latest shoes and handbags, that's for sure.

Okay people, Ima keep out of the malls as much as possible these next 10 months. 

xo Tara

No comments: