Friday, March 5, 2010

One Lantern Comes Home With Me

 




 I forgot to include a picture of my favourite souvenir.  I got it on Monday morning as I strolled through downtown Vancouver - they were taking down the decorations from all the Olympic hoopla.  It was sort of melancholy.  My sister describes it: 'Like the day after prom'.  I grabbed myself one of the lanterns that made up the Granville Street exhibit pictured below.  They were made by school kids and then printed on waterproof canvas of some kind.  The installation was lovely to see at night.  I think my lantern that says 'Recycle!  Change is in our hands.  Re-use Reduce Recycle!' complete with drawings of kids from around the world, was a perfect free souvenir for me and this year.  I only hope I can live up to it's sweet idealism.



xo Tara

No comments: