Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter and Some Spending I can Feel Good About

I opened up the purse strings a little after no spend week, and some of the expenses were stupid stuff from the drug store and liquor store.  But today I sat down and sponsored two friends in separate fundraiser events for kids.  I'd been putting off the sponsoring during no spend week, so I was glad to be able to do it.  I don't want to get so stuck into penny pincher mode that I only think about our needs. I've also gotten started on a pair of slippers for a coworker.  My first request and only second pair.  What I can say about the slippers is that the colour is nice, they are thick and warm, and they are full of adorable character boosting flaws. 

We've had a fun, lazy Easter celebrating with a less traditional DVD watching marathon and a vegetarian spaghetti meal.  I am still trying to make creative, tasty things from supplies on hand.  We used edamame for protein in the spaghetti and it was good.  And we've been working our way through our stash of Easter creme eggs.  I think we each have one left.  I'm trying to save it so I can enjoy the anticipation not just the gluttony.  I estimate it's lifespan holds another 30 minutes of existence, max.

P.S. I think I forgot to note the milestone of passing the 3 month mark with no buying anything new :)

xo Tara

No comments: