Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Reentry

It's back to life today, with work at both jobs, and all in all it wasn't so bad.  In fact, it was pretty good.  I have two new students from Dublin.  I just met them today and they seem lovely.  I had a pleasant gig co-facilitating a workshop with a large group of cool people.  I got to eat tasty Vietnamese food with someone I have a talent crush on, and I got to incorporate exercise into my part time job.

As far as No New Stuff goes, I am still on track.  But, despite not buying anything new since before the January 1st, with all the other kinds of expenses this month has dealt us, we'll be more than scrambling.  On top of our punishing biweekly bill schedule, I have to cough up some dough for a wedding gift on Saturday ($100), to pay off flights home for the funeral ($1100), to pay the hotel bill for wedding ($150), to pay the locksmith for our new mailbox lock ($115), to pay the accountant for doing our taxes ($393), to pay the taxman for the privilege of working two jobs ($753), I have to pay my professional college to be able to practice ($690), and I have to pay the library $11.10 in late fees... 

I'm going to revisit the blog of Man Vs. Debt to get reempowered re: finances.  It's a drag to be in the hole, but at least it's not for possessions I don't need.  And on the bright side, my wife and I brought back a load of frozen moose meat from Newfoundland, and our first batch of Moose Chili is cheap, low fat, and delicious.  Looking forward to making variations of 'Nail Soup' with the rest of the moose.

Re: my End Cancer walk, there's also good news.  I've reached 60% of my $2000 fundraising goal.  If you are a euchre player, please let me know.   We are going to be having another euchre tourney fundraiser since our first one was such a success. 

xo Tara

No comments: