Monday, April 19, 2010

The Sky Has Fallen - Time Out

I had to take a time out.  Unfortunately, my grandfather, Poppy Laing (also known as Clarence Valence Laing) died yesterday.  My wife and I are heading out to Newfoundland on a late night flight with a crew of many cousins who are all heartsick over it.  It has been a horrible and strange experience having to go to work and act normal today as I tied up loose ends, redirected my brand new students, and cancelled multiple appointments for the coming week.  I can't wait to get out of work and just be with my family in Newfoundland to properly wake my grandfather; to celebrate and grieve him, and to say good-bye.  I will check in and keep you posted, I'll likely have some limited online availablity during my week away.

Thanks to all my friends and readers who have expressed such kind wishes and thoughts.

I'll be bringing a new knitting project, so I can hopefully distract my grandmother a little with it.

xo Tara

2 comments:

cindy said...

Hi Tara
Thinking of you and Tena every single day - I know how much you loved him and how much your family means to you. Take care,
Cindy

Alison said...

Thinking of you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss.....:(