Monday, April 5, 2010

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

Just a short post today to share a site my sister pointed out to me that is kind of cool.  This woman does a new and playful take on the gratitude journal.  Apparently her mother always drummed into her the importance of writing thank you notes and she has taken this to a new level with a thank you note per day.  I'd recommend reading Leah Dieterich's www.thxthxthx.com for a reminder to mind your manners, be grateful, and not to take yourself too seriously.

xo Tara

3 comments:

Alison said...

Be grateful and laugh...that is what life is all about

cindy said...

I heard this interview on CBC radio where some business guy was asked what advice he would give for success. He said to write a personal thank you note (not email) every day to someone you know/work with. In 30 days, your life will change. I thought this was pretty cool, so I decided to try it once a week. Some weeks I send 2 or 3 out, others I do none, but it all evens out. The response has been great, people love to feel appreciated. And it has opened the door to getting to know some pretty cool people better :)

No New is Good News said...

This is so true! I haven't done it myself, and should think about it more specifically. But I did do a little workshop one time where the guy said: 'Be an encouragement to yourself AND to others'. What a great concept. I have a coworker, Renee, who epitomizes this. She is thoughtful, gives kudos and also kindness in tough times etc. and real notes of thanks. And I think she is one of the nicest, most genuine people I've ever met. Thanks for your inputs women! I have much to be grateful for :)