Tuesday, May 4, 2010

100th Post Ticker Tape Parade

I thought we should celebrate because this is my 100th post.  I just wish I had thought up something really decent to say.  Oh, I do have a note about an article talking about how frugality is persisting beyond the recession.  Whew.  Hopefully that means I will have some back up as I try to get more and more debt free, versus being seen as the miserly old town stingebag. 

I had to miss out on something I really was looking forward to related to No New is Good News - the Toronto book launch and reading by the woman who wrote The Story of Stuff.  That was a shame.  But I am keeping my eyes peeled for future things to keep me inspired and motivated.  Please pass them on if you hear of any.

And, drum roll, if you will, I'm at 85% of my fundraising goal for the end cancer walk.  All signs point to a need for me to raise my goal slightly.  I'll think about it. 

I'm pretty burnt out today.  I foolishly stayed up late into the night watching season one of 24.  (I began on Season 4).  They always end leaving you wanting more.  It's so predictable.  If I get started I almost guarantee myself a short night sleep.  And yet, I am powerless against their charms.  At least we borrowed the DVDs from a friend instead of buying them :)

xo Tara

3 comments:

Tena Laing said...

Congrats on 100 blog posts! Enjoyable daily reading, all.

ALi said...

happy 100th post, Tara!! xo

No New is Good News said...

Thanks Girlies :)