Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Good Clean Fun

My wife and I just had a serious tickle fight.  I can't remember who started it, but if there were judges she would have won.  I did get in a few good moves, but my problem when it comes to play fighting and wrestling is that, as she explains it, I 'fight like a raptor'.  As if I have tiny, semi-useless arms and huge, powerful legs.  My arms aren't literally tiny, but in a fight it's like they are made of noodle.

She can pin both my hands with one of hers and use the other to torture me.  Even if I try to surprise her with a sneak attack where I pounce on top of her and catch her unawares, she can still easily lift my arms up off her and then gain a position of advantage.  It's too bad for her in a way, because there are benefits to being the tickled one.  My heart rate went up, I laughed and screamed uncontrollably for about 10 minutes and I feel a marvelous sense of really being 'in my body'.  For her to get tickled by me, she has to pretty much surrender control willingly, whereas, I don't have to work at all to lose control, and I try as I  might, I can't seem to regain it.

I suggested we try fighting with our legs, to even the score a bit, but she didn't go for it.

Anyway, goodnight and peaceful dreams,

xo Tara

No comments: