Sunday, May 23, 2010

TCB 2

I referred to this earlier in my original TCB posting on Feb. 3, 2010.  Essentially TCB (Elvis' motto) is 'Taking Care of Business', and yesterday was such a lovely day full of just that.  I got up feeling good and went at it.  I tackled several nagging tasks and my room and space feels great.  The one nagging task I unfortunately did NOT get to is my toenails.  I am thinking about incorporating exercise and a pedicure into today's festivities by walking to the downtown cheap-but-clean salon I used to frequent.  I sure hope it's open.  I'm going to start losing friends soon if any more of them see my toes.  My twin and her husband were visibly alarmed yesterday when I showed them the lengths to which they have grown.  As my twin put it, my lack of a pedicure was impacting her quality of life.

On a side note, I had dinner at their place last night and it was so decadent to eat such a feast of salmon et. al. when we've been subsisting on tasty, nutritious, but cheap 'nail soup' and crock pot experiments.

Since my clutter and closet clearing, beautiful, clear surfaces abound in my bedroom.  So thanks to Brooks Palmer for continuing to inspire me to clutter bust semi-regularly. I've also donated 4 bags to my sister's yard sale, created a pile to experiment with renovating/altering on my sewing machine, and another pile of things to try selling on eBay.  I'm going to give this a shot, but if it doesn't work out, just let it go quickly.  My momma got me a book on the topic, so I figured I'd see if I can get anything for a couple of pricier items that are in very good shape, like a pair of high heeled boots from Brown's I wore 3 times (One of those times was inexplicably on a long flight to Florida.  Just a note:  the only place worse than Florida to wear snug, pointy, high-heeled boots is on the plane on your way to Florida.) 

I also plan to sell off some of the Northbound Leather gear I bought during more playful, adventurous, and if the truth be told, slender days.  I have a gorgeous, pleated, leather kilt-like skirt I've also only worn about 3 times.  Once was on the first date with my wife.  I am certain it helped seal the deal.  But not to worry folks.  I actually have a second, well-worn, kilt that is more adjustable for those inevitable social occasions when nothing but black leather will do. 

Hope you are all enjoying the long weekend as much as me.

xo Tara

No comments: