Friday, May 14, 2010

Toenail News Flash

I've decided to tamper with my ground rules re: not getting pedicures.  There are a couple of reasons. 

It doesn't truly feel like cheating because a pedicure does not bring 'new stuff' into my world.  (Except maybe self esteem).

It is horribly labour intensive doing my own toes, and I suck at it.

My toes need all the esthetic help they can get as they have been nicknamed by more than one affectionate partner 'Fred Flinstone' toes.  I prefer to think of them as adorably round, like a baby's toes.

Finally, on a HEALTH related note (whew, this word means it's all groovy, right...?) I tend to get ingrown toenails when I do my own, and now that I am walking more sportily, those would be an even bigger drag.  Current Status: is that I have been avoiding dealing with my toenails so their length is getting to be positively life threatening.  My wife glanced askance at them two nights ago, and I scurried off to cover them with socks.

That, my dear friends, will have to suffice for justifirationalization.  Until my friend Ellie is in her esthetics course I'll have to suck it up and get some paid-for pedicures this year or risk chopping my own foot off with a sharp toenail, and/or rendering romance entirely improbable.  You must forgive me.  Now I just need to find the $25.  Sounds easier than it is, I assure you.  We are spread pretty thin right now, and I am about to scavenge up the ingredients for a crock of gruel and a pot of nail soup out of thin air.  I'm pretty good at it, actually.

xo Tara

P.S.: can't wait to be knitting with my pals later on tonight!

No comments: