Tuesday, May 18, 2010

two steps back

I'm feeling a bit blue and a bit of overwhelm today.  Nothing I won't manage, but today is one month since my grandfather died and I spent time on the phone with my weeping grandmother this evening, which further consolidated the sad reality of it. 

I have had a setback in my financial goal of not cashing in my Canada Savings Bonds this year.  (I was planning to go a whole year without)  It is clear I will need to use some of them to make ends meet this month.  It also means I need to really take a long, hard look at my expenses and pare them down further.  I am truly not interested in working two jobs just to be broke at the end of the month.  Ugh. 

That being said, I didn't cash in all my CSBs.  There is still $1500 in there (that I am not touching unless Hell Freezes Over!! - gentle reminder to self).  But all in all, I am disappointed. 

On a more positive note, I do still have some money set aside from birthday bucks to do my vintage clothing shopping this weekend.  I will not be a high roller, but I'll be packing a cool hundred big ones.  Let's see what I can scavenge on that slim budget.  I want us to hit at least half a dozen places.

Did I mention Mom's book gift to me has a ton of t-shirt reno projects?  I'm going to try one out at work with my Art group tomorrow.  All it requires is an extra-large men's t-shirt and a pair of sharp scissors.  I'll put up some photographic evidence later on.

Thinking about my 6 word memoir:  'If at first you succeed; don't.' 

Ha Ha.  That reflects how I feel today, but we can spin it like, take a couple of steps back if you are doing too well, so you can come from behind again, etc.

That's just today's 6 word memoir.  I'll keep thinking about more lifespanning versions... 

What about: 'Wonder Twins. Gay Wedding.  What's Next?'  A bit simplistic, I suppose, but hits some highlights, eh?

xo yours oh so fallibly
Tara

1 comment:

Tena Laing said...

Hey, don't beat yourself up. You are still following the main point of your program. AND, since you are over 90% of your goal, I think it's fine to go second hand shopping. xoxo