Thursday, June 17, 2010

Book Club Cottage Edition

I just got the word that my book club is having our summer version at some one's cottage and we are all invited for the weekend.  How great is that?

It's in August, so I just need to make sure it doesn't interfere with my busy other people's wedding schedule.  I must admit that there is a liberating joy going to other people's weddings, once you've had one of your own.  While my wedding day was incredibly perfect and satisfying, I have never known that level of stress - it exceeding even signing my first mortgage.  So, it is very nice to go to a wedding, sit back, relax, and not be a major player in the proceedings.  I have two in August, so I need to double check when.

I'm laying low this evening, feeling a little under the weather, although the weather is fine.  I reached 100% of my my fundraising goal today for the End Cancer walk! Yay.  I'm now focusing exclusively on getting my teammates there so everyone can walk.  But tonight, I'm going to be taking er easy.

xo Tara

P.S. if I could buy anything new this year, it might be some cute, but comfortable shoes.  My twin looked askance at my footwear this week and asked in dismay if I had 'worn that to work'?  I guess I'm taking comfort to a new level.

1 comment:

Tena Laing said...

To be clear, it was more the footwear and socks combined that had me giving the hairy eyeball! Sorry if doesn't fit in with your current plans. I guess you could always borrow some of my shoes! xo