Saturday, June 26, 2010

Laid Low by Low Back

I've had about three days of almost constant low back pain.  It's almost time to do something about it.  It reminds me to be thankful for all the days I don't have any pain.  I eagerly look forward to those days again.

It's been a slightly hectic couple of days with me saying farewell to my lovely Irish students, who have been with me for 9 weeks, as well as juggling work and life.  I'm 3 working days away from my vacation and am really, really excited about the thought of just chilling out for two weeks.  We have a plan to drive up the Northern Peninsula on the west coast of Newfoundland (Gros Morne National Park area).  I'm fantasizing about lazy days on the bay, smelling salt air.

I slept until 2:44pm today, even though I went to bed at 12:30 last night.  I guess I really needed it, or else I am being passive aggressive with my chore list.  Sleeping so long makes me have a strangely surreal feeling about the day.  This is only getting stronger as my wife and I prepare to attend a friend's memorial service and are trying to plot a route that will not put us in danger of running into police and protesters.  There seems to be a lot of ugly action going on downtown.  It doesn't feel very Canadian in our city at the moment.   

xo Tara

No comments: