Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Quotations of Old

My Nan had this saying that rings true today:

"I feels like I've been dragged through a knot hole and beat with the soot bag." 

Like many of you, I'm feeling overwhelmed and ill equipped as I sort through my grieving and mad dash back-to-work schedule of competing 'top priority' projects.  Then, the news of an acquaintance (a good pal of my wife) dying suddenly today at age 29 of 'deep vein thrombosis', until now a fictional risk in my experience.

It does put my woes in perspective.  And again, that reminder of how short life is.  But fortunately, some say, it's also wide.  And also let's make sure it's sweet.  Or for me, who doesn't have such a sweet tooth, let's say savory.  So make sure to salt and pepper those mangoes.

xo and please go get some sleep,
Tara

No comments: