Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Swap Don't Shop Finally Has a New Event!

I've been waiting for ages and just noticed that Swap Don't Shop has an event this Saturday! June 19th from 10am-4pm at 300 Bloor St. West (Bloor St. United Church).  For women, it's $8 plus 5 swap items, and you get to leave with a bag.  Add an extra $5 if you don't bring items for swapping.  I think I will be bringing the items that didn't sell during my brief experimentation with ebay!  (For guys it's only $5.  Like haircuts, swapping is cheaper for the lads.)

I'm looking forward to it.  And I can end the day enjoying playing in a Euchre tournament fundraiser for my End Cancer Walk team.  I LOVE to play euchre.  It reminds me of endless evenings and summer days when I was in my 20's and had all the time in the world to just hang out.  But, we don't play it often enough now, mainly because it involves getting 4 people who know the game in the same room at the same time, without a bunch of other people who will feel bored/left out if they are not included.  It was fun then to play for the sake of playing something, and to not worry so much.  Perhaps I will cultivate channelling those values on Saturday.

xo Tara

No comments: