Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tee Shirt on the Subway

I took the subway to and from my part time job this evening.  It's deadly hot in the city and it could have been horrible (air was not on in my subway car), BUT two cool things happened.
1. I found and charged and wore my iPod.  I listened to K'naan most of the ride and have been literally unable to stop myself from dancey-grooving to it.  It felt very different than just sweating it out with the grumpy masses on the subway, to be doing it with K'naan's company.
2. A gorgeous guy snoozing across from me said 'Hello' and I checked out his tee shirt because I had been curious and unable to read it from a distance.  It had three cartoon pictures in boxes horizontally across the chest with words underneath. 

The pictures were: 1. an army tank, 2. a shopping cart, 3. an iconic person character (like you'd see on a men's toilet door).

The words under the pictures were: 1. Fear, 2. Consume, 3. Belong.

I told him I liked his tee shirt and I was going to write about it in my blog on not buying anything new for a year.  He said, 'I appreciate that.'  Nice to see a cute, hip guy sporting that message and also to have a small human contact with a person on public transit of a positive nature.

Going to see some local comedy with a $20 bill burning a hole in my pocket with my wife.

xo Tara

2 comments:

Ali said...

hey tara,

ive been reading your posts and i really like them. :)

have u ever seen this? I thought you would really appreciate it...

https://www.adbusters.org/campaigns/bnd

No New is Good News said...

Ah Shucks, (is that spelled correctly?) thanks Ali, I look forward to checking this out!! xo Tara