Wednesday, September 1, 2010

8 Months Clean and 'Hi Mom!'

Guys (and Dolls)

It's been 8 months today that I've been doing this dance with not buying anything new.  Yee haw.  I had a nice chat with my Momma today, who reported that she recently caught up with my goings-on via this blog and that she really likes it.  Thanks Mom.  We also discussed how none of us can read my baby brother's blog at work due to the 'blue' content - aka 'language alert'.  His blog did yield some info re: ETFs, but I blush at the thought of Mom reading all the 'fart-and-then-some jokes' it lies buried in.  Ah hem.

So, 8 months.  Not too shabby.  I'm 2/3 of the way there in my year of not buying anything new.  Sure I have my beefs with not buying anything new, but overall I have definitely learned and grown from this challenge.

I'm trying to take it easy tonight.  I tweaked my neck at work.  Chatting with my metaphysically minded Mother, she shared some insights on neck pain:  that it might be due to inflexibility, sticking my neck out, and/or dwelling on the past ('what's going on back there?').  Hmmm.  She gave this therapist a couple of good affirmations to enjoy as I ice and heat my neck tonight:  "I am peaceful with life.  It is with flexibility and ease that I see all sides of an issue.  There are endless ways of doing things and seeing things.  I am safe."  What lovely food for thought.  I hope my neck is listening.

I shall endeavour to slay everyone in my path with kindness, flexibility, and good vibes over the next two days.  And not to lift ANYTHING.  Wish me luck.  The last two days of this job I have loved for seven years are going to be heavy duty (but not due to lifting or inflexibility).

xo Tara

No comments: