Monday, September 20, 2010

Tales From the No New Frontline

Good News abounds!

I am again wearing shoes as of today.  Thank Gods.

I just finished a novel - Pride and Prejudice Fan Fiction - 'Darcy's Story' - borrowed (not bought) from my sister.

Now, I am about to tuck into the Audio Book version of 'Stumbling on Happiness' by Daniel Gilbert - borrowed (not bought) from the Toronto Public Library.  I ordered it a mere 14 months ago when I flipped through a few pages of the book version a client of mine had at camp in July 2009.  Ah, but worth the wait, now that it comes to me during my year of not spending!  The author is a funny Harvard College Professor of Psychology.

And, for the kicker, I mentioned the want of a mini-fridge for my work (so I can stanch the cash-blood-letting flow on coffees and fizzy waters at my new job) to a coworker who said, 'Oh, I have a bar fridge.'  Folks, ask and you shall receive.  The universe is providing my friends.

Hey!  Only 3 months and 10 days to go for my one year of not buying anything new to be complete.

Also, my wife and I have unanimously decided to postpone going to England as it is in direct competition with the cottage building goal.  It definitely feels like the right thing to do this year.

xo Tara

No comments: