Sunday, October 31, 2010

November is Art Every Day Month

Hiya,

Two post evening here for me.  I'm just posting as it's about the flip over into November and I've been doing some serious thought about creative pursuits this month.  For a number of reasons.  How to be Free talks about creating as a way to get out of the bind of being always the consumer; The Joy of Not Working talks about enjoying 'non-passive leisure' and November is the month of Nanowrimo, or 'National Novel Writing Month'.  (I did it in 2006-wrote 200 pages is 30 days).  It was pretty amazing.  Not my novel, per say, so much as the experience of doing it and getting into being creative on a daily basis.

I think I'm going to embrace Nano, slightly revised this November.  I just today came across this site, called November is Art Every Day Month.  And I am setting a goal of doing something artsy/craftsy daily in November.  For me, this can include knitting, sewing, writing, editing, film etc.  Basically any art modality out there.  There's a bit of artist in all of us, and when you work hard at a not so artsy profession, it really helps you achieve a kind of magical balance to haul out the artist and put her to work on a regular basis.

So here's to November - a creative antidote to consumerism,

xo Tara

No comments: