Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November 2nd Upcycling as an Art Form

I'm going to keep this short and sweet because it's 10:45 pm and I've yet to get down to arting up today.  Well, not entirely true.  I've done some editing of my novel, which is somewhat arty.  I also wrote a 'sample prose paragraph' being as artistic as possible for my sister to use as a demo for her grade 6 English class.  The topic was the Chilean Miners and I had to try and write using a variety of sentence openers.  Kind of fun, but not really my own project.

Today's art:  a t-shirt transformation.  I'll put up a picture when it's done.  I'm using a pattern from a book I have here.  This kind of upcycling fits very well thematically with a year of not buying anything new.  Take the stuff you've got and magically transform it!

xo
Tara

No comments: