Wednesday, December 29, 2010

An Addition to My Acceptable Exceptions

I thought of this late yesterday. 

I'm going to 'okay' me buying something that a friend or acquaintance has created (i.e.: a book, a CD, a piece of art).  I think that goes along with fostering creativity in general.  So, rather than have to wait until Jan. 1st to buy a friend's CD, like I did this year, it's in the sanctioned list of expenditures for 2011.

I'm keeping today super short for a few reasons, but one is that it's 8:36pm and I am no where near done the work I need to do before I can exit the building from job number two for the evening.

On a high note, I've got my ticket to Ottawa for Friday, Dec. 31st leaving Toronto at 3:30pm. That will feel great - like sinking into a four hour reading and resting break after a frantic couple and a half days back at work(s).

Looking forward to family time very soon. 

xo Tara

P.S.: What are other people's resolutions and plans for New Year's?  I'm looking very forward to Fake New Year's tomorrow night.  An annual party where you can always get a cab home, and I won't feel like I missed out on friend time by skipping town on Real New Year's.

2 comments:

RollerScrapper said...

We are either going to rollerskate or to eat tins of cheese and drink champagne. Happy new year!

No New is Good News said...

Happy New Year and thanks for being part of the fun and hard work of this year :) I'm looking forward to stinky cheeze and something bubbly soon myself!