Thursday, December 9, 2010

Reverb10 Dec. 9th Party Prompt

December 9th Prompt:  Prompt: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans.

This one has actually had me scratching my head.  It makes me realize that I need to seriously work on ramping up the fun in my life.  2010 has been a bit of a toughie and I need to bring the party to 2011.  

When I put on my thinking cap, I know there have been some good times in 2010.  My friend Christine, brilliantly captured one (almost 2010) with Fake New Year's.  This annual party at our friend CoCo's is amazing.  But, not quite technically 2010, since we have it on Dec. 30th so everyone can easily get a cab and just relax on real New Year's Eve...


Here are some other highlights:

Jan. Robbie Burns Day at Rick and Su's snapshot here
Feb. Joanna Downey's Dance Party birthday after a stand up comedy show evidence ici
Mar. Olympics Gold Medal Curling Party in the VIP section at Hockey House see it here & here
June. Proud Larry's show and night out during Pride 
July. Come Home Year Parade with our family banner in Norris Point, Newfoundland pic here
Aug. Huron Heights Cheerleader Reunion photo here
Sept. Girls Night in at Mom's Momma deets
Oct. Stitch & Bitch at my place.  Raucous late night party no photo but a wee blurb

It's a good reminder to pay attention to booking some more fun and to work on letting loose, already.  Not to worry. Where 2010 was all about 'Grindstone', 2011 is all about 'Release' if you remember.

Also, while I think of this year as full of many sorrows, I need only to look a little closer to see many moments of fun and joy.  What we pay attention to grows.  

xo 
Tara

No comments: