Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Scorecard - No Spend Week & Art Month

Not that this is all about keeping score, but I figured you might like some accountability.  I can report with some satisfaction the following:


  • Today marks 11 months of not buying anything new!
  • FYI: I will be doing a shopping Amnesty in January 2011, and then will resume nothing new for the rest of 2011.  It will help me get to many of my goals faster... Stay tuned for that one.
  • I successfully finished No Spend Week.  Today when I was 'allowed' to spend again, Ironically, I had barely any money :)
  • I made Art (for Art Every Day Month) 28 out of 30 days in November.  Since I've been really forcing myself to do all my Mindfulness course homework the last couple of days, something had to give, and unfortunately, it was Art.  Not to worry, Art, I'll be back for more soon.
I'll check in soon with more thrilling details of life as we know it here in No New is Good News, but I'd like to hear from my fellow participants.  Please check in and give us a report on how it went.  (If you delayed your start, let us know when you'll be done), or share a link where we can check out how it went.

Re: No Spend Week: For me, my wife made a big difference, being generous for a couple of outings, and also, I got to eat out at family and friends'.  I do feel I gained something from this week, besides not wasting money I didn't have, and paying my bills on time.  I broke the habit of nickel and diming myself to death with a coffee here, a cafeteria lunch there.  Since I've been so rushed with New Job, I've been a bit of a slacker with the packed lunches etc.  This week of Not Spending A Cent got me right into the groove of making my black coffees in my office with a kettle, packing a sandwich, eating some veg and fruit and nuts for snacks, etc.  Healthier and obviously better for our goals of getting out of debt.  Speaking of that, I must go back to visit Man Vs. Debt's blog to get inspired.  It's been a while.

Talk soon,
xo Tara

2 comments:

Jo said...

I just got back from buying groceries, but just some staples on special, didn't go crazy with the freedom to spend. I bought How to Be Sick by Toni Bernhard (kindle ed) this morning with gift certificate money. I thought I would also be dying to visit the thrift shops when the challenge was over - but even tho the mail brought another cheque to be banked, I didn't visit the thrift shops, which I usually do when I'm in the area.

No New is Good News said...

Thanks for checking in, Jo! I'm still waiting to hear back from a few others re: how they did, Tena, Stella, flourish in Progress? What's up??
Rollerscrapper blogged about it here: http://rollerscrapper.blogspot.com/2010/12/sad-news.html cheers
Tara