Friday, December 10, 2010

Wise Idea

Today's post is on the theme suggested by Reverb10 for December 10th prompt:

"Prompt: Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out?"

Today's is quick and easy.  I'm pretty sure my wisest decision of the year has been deciding not to buy anything new and sticking with it.  It has not always been an easy or popular choice, but it has yielded many personal benefits. 

I've been able to gain confidence in my ability to stick with something.
I've felt a little kinder to the environment.
I've saved money for the future.
I've paid down debt at a faster rate than before.
I've gotten better at do-it-myselfing.
I've become a little better at postponing gratification and entertaining myself.

Don't worry.  I'm all too human, so there are plenty of unwise things I've done this year too, but fortunately No New is Good News is not one of them.

xo Tara

2 comments:

Christine said...

I can't even find the words that can express how impressed I am with this HUGE project. It's beyond wisdom!

No New is Good News said...

Sheesh! thanks :)