Thursday, January 13, 2011

Geek Out Plan for Sunday

I just realized (or re-realized?) that Chris Guillebeau, who inspired my annual review, is coming to Toronto this weekend.  It's part of his Unconventional Book Tour.  He is a pretty unique dude with a lot of interesting things to say.  He is also working on travelling around the world to every single country, and is popping in to every province in Canada over the next two weeks.  I'm going to see if my list & goal focused friend, Christine, wants to go with me. 

She just wrote a good entry with a link to an article about how we fail at resolutions.  Merlin Mann advises us to consider fresh starts and modest changes and look at failure as 'The sound of beginning to suck a little less'.  Hopefully my resolutions will fall into the fresh starts and modest changes category rather than circling the drain too quickly this year.  Be it resolved that in 2011, I will suck a little less.  It feels quite do-able, actually.

In case you are into the goal/list thingy, the 'Meet up' for Chris Guillebeau on Sunday will be at Indigo Manulife at 2pm, Jan. 16th, 2011.  It's at 55 Bloor St. West in Toronto.

xo Tara